Nov 18, 2010

Schild Estate "Barossa Shiraz" and Two Hands "Bellas Garden" in the WS Top 10 for 2010.

Thanks to a security breach at Wine Spectator, the Top 10 for 2010 was released early this year.  I was happy to see two wines that I really enjoy make the top 10.

Schild Estate Barossa Shiraz - 2008

From the website-
The Schild name has a long history in the Barossa, dating back to 1952
when Ben Schild purchased the Three Springs Farm property in
Rowland Flat and settled with his family. Today, second and third
generation vigneron’s work side by side to solidify Schild Estate’s
reputation, built on its commitment to translating the unique rapestry
of its vineyards into wines that speak of honesty and drinkability.
 
 
I have had this wine on several occasions and found it to be exactly what I have come to expect from an Aussie from the Barossa.     It is complex with layers and layers like any red.    Ripe with cherry, plum and a fond memory of blackberries comes to mind.   

Soft tannins, good structure and a price of around $20.00.  If  you like Shiraz, you should try this.
 
 
Two Hands "Bellas Garden" - 2008
 
This is more along the lines of a special occasion wine for me.  The last bottle I drank was a 2004 in the spring of this year.  It was a massive wine, with blueberry and dark cherry syrup and a nose that will grab your attention like the sound made from a pair of high heel shoes walking beihind you on a wood floor....you just have to look.   The legs matched the nose, and for me, this wine is the total package. 

Strong.   Ripe.   Firm.    Balanced.  Most important - Drama Free !

 I had it with a Delmanico Rib Eye, and it was a memorable dining event.  I have a 2007 at home and I will look to add a 2008 to my cellar very soon.

Priced in the $50 plus range, watch for a sale or indulge yourself soon. 

Friend them on Facebook for a chance at winning wine through the promotions they run on occasion.

You can find out more about  Two Hands Wines or Schild Estate by following the hyperlink in their name.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment